Monday, November 10, 2008

Refreshed!

I had such a fun weekend! I got to see people that I haven't seen in a long time! People who are near and dear to my heart for so many different reasons! Being at Amanda's wedding was so sweet to see where the Lord has brought her and how He has moved in her heart in so many ways. Eventhough I don't know Daniel, the pastor did a GREAT job of talking about what a great man he is. I was so encouraged to hear about their heart for the Lord and how He moved their hearts to love each other! Marriage is such a sweet gift from our Savior!

I went to see Red Mountain play at Erskine College last night in South Carolina. I have been listening to thier music for about 2 years now but I have never heard them play live. They have taken old hymns and put a new twist to the music and it is wonderful! The hymns are so real. One of the band members spoke a little bit about their music and said that he never was a big fan of some of the Christian music out there. He said that as a Christian, we deal with different issues that are hard and not fun, so when he went to church and they were singing "Here I am to worship"...that was not how he was feeling. I love it when people are real about how they feel. Christianity is not about feeling good all the time and everything going just the way that you had planned. It's hard. Hard to trust God, hard to seek Him, and even hard to love him at times. I noticed that one of the songs they played was written by John Newton, the same guy that wrote Amazing Grace. The name of the song is "Help My Unbelief". I think it is awesome that people so long ago were so real in expressing how they felt. It IS hard to believe at times!
Here are the lyrics:

I know the Lord is nigh,
And would but cannot pray,
For Satan meets me when I try,
And frights my soul away.
And frights my soul away.
I would but can’t repent,

Though I endeavor oft;
This stony heart can ne’er relent
Till Jesus makes it soft.
Till Jesus make it soft.

Help my unbelief. Help my unbelief.
Help my unbelief.
My help must come from Thee.

I would but cannot love,
Though wooed by love divine;
No arguments have power to move
A soul as base as mine.
A soul so base as mine.
I would but cannot rest,
In God’s most holy will;
I know what He appoints is best,
And murmur at it still.
I murmur at it still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those words are the heartbeat of the Christian life...so true, yet desiring so much more. Love you Mallory