Monday, November 24, 2008

15K in Crawford

Chris is such a HUGE runner. This man is dedicated! Every morning at 4:45 he wakes up, gets ready and is at the gym by 5...EVERY DAY!! NOW THATS DEDICATION!! As you all may know...I'm not so dedicated. I like to exercise, but I like my sleep a whole lot more! So, I exercise when I have time after school.

Anyway, Chris has been running for a while now and has started running in races. He has done about 4 5k's, 2 15Ks, and one half-marathon! This weekend was the big 15K (9.3 miles) in Crawford. He got his brother, ben, to run it with him.
It was FREEZING! They were standing by the truck so they could stay warm from the exhaust!





Chris getting ready to start.


So here's what happened. Chris was trying to beat his time from last year, 1 hour and 2 mins. He wanted to get it in under 1 hour. Well, 1:02 came and nobody had finished, and there are some SERIOUS runners in this thing! Finally, here they come! Chris finished in 1:04 and some seconds.

You may not be able to tell in this pic, but he was TICKED! Why? Because some joker stole the sign that tells them the way to the finish line! He was in 4th place and about 8 of them went a mile and a half out of the way! The police caught up with them and turned them around and tried to cut off some of the time they lost but there is no way they got all of it back. So, he didn't beat his time. However, he did win 8th overall and 1st place in his age group!


YAY HUBBY!!! So, I have seen his dedication and how much fun he has in these little races and I have signed up for my first 5K (3.1 miles) on December 6th and Half-marathon on April 25th! I'm gonna give it a whirl...who knows what might happen, I might turn out to be as dedicated as the hubs!....Nah, thats a little over the top! :-)

1 comment:

KBroome said...

Thats a funny story! I feel bad for him, but still funny. What race are you running on the 6th? I am running one too!