Thursday, January 29, 2009

The BIG 25!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! My sweet husband made my day super special! He woke up early and cooked cinnimon rolls and grits for breakfast, gave me a sweet card, sent me the BEAUTIFUL flowers at school, and took me out to eat some good ol steak to celebrate! HE IS THE BEST! My parents came to visit and not too long after we got home from eating they were at my house with an AWESOME cheesecake that mom made! Appearently Nelly thought it was pretty good too because when we were outside unloading the car, she jumped up on the table and took a big chunck out of it!!! TOO FUNNY!!
Ok...so maybe this wasnt the nicest thing to do...but I was really pretty upset...My Nana sent by birthday present by my parents...I got a card and some battery powered candles (???)...which makes me think...doesnt it defeat the purpose of a candle if its battery powered??! Anyway, from a grandparent you grow up getting money or at least some type of "good" gift. So, I was expecting at least a little bit of money to go with the "candle". When I opened the card there was no money...so I was trying to shake the money out of it. I mean...you go 24 years getting gifts and then all of a sudden one year without any warning BAM...no money! I mean...what the heck?!
My sweet brother surprised me and came with mom and dad! This was the first time he has been to our house. I was SO excited to see him! GREAT visit!

Me and Mom cheesin and Dad lookin goofy in the background
Ok...next pictures...mom is taking a picture of me and Chris...however, mom doesnt like to count or wait on us to get set...so it made for some pretty funny pics.




No I was not drunk, nor had I been drinking.... Finally a good one!
Mom and I went shopping the next day and had a BLAST! We went to the outlets in Commerce and ate some REALLY good Mexican food! This gorilla was outside of a pet store and Mom pretended like he was taking her away...lol..fun times! Times like this make me realize just how much I am thankful for my family! They are wonderful and made my birthday very special!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Your Mom looks so fun! The picture of her with the gorilla is hilarious!!!