Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Crazy Week...Fun Weekend!!

Some of you may have noticed that my little running mini is not so energetic...that's because I haven't been running! I have had a sinus infection for about 2 weeks now. I went to the Dr on Tuesday and some meds so by Thursday I was feeling like taking a short run. It was a BEAUTIFUL warm day and I couldn't resist....but oh how I wish I would have! So when I run outside I run around my street and try not to venture off too far and there is always some dogs that bark at me...run after me a little...no big deal...until this day. This brown lab always runs out into his yard and sometimes into the street barking at me but has never gotten so close for me to be scared. When I was running past his house the first time he didn't come out...so I figured he was out and about...no big deal. So, I decided to loop around and come up the other street that he lived on...since he wasn't there and all... But when I got to his house he came a runnin outta the bushes toward me!! I slowed to a walk so that he wouldn't feel like he had to chase me...and yelled at him and waved for him to "GIT" Bout that time the owner was pulling up and the dog lunged at me and bit my calf! I was HYSTERICAL! The owner jumped out of his truck and started beating the dog....at that time it was just little puncture wounds and I was shaken up...but I was fine...I just PRAISE THE LORD that the owner came when he did because it could have been REALLY bad! I have not been running outside since...gotta get me some mace first!


This pic was taken on Sunday after...on Friday it looked worse than this!



Soooo, off to J'ville Chris and I went this weekend! I was SO excited! I miss my family! So, on Sunday we all loaded up to go to Trade Day...its a REALLY big flea market! Fun times! We drove over an hour to get there and it was closed! So we decided to go to a furniture store instead....CLOSED....so we then decided to go up to Little River Canyon. I had been to the falls but never the canyon....it was BEAUTIFUL!!



Loaded up ready for some Trade Day!



What we got instead...and SO worth the drive!


my daredevil husband!





FAMILY PIC!



Mom soaking it all in


YAY!!! Fun day even with no trade day! There were TONS of trails for hiking....Chris and I are going to come back to hike them one day soon!

We ended the day at Little River Falls. It was so good to spend quality time with the family!





2 comments:

KBroome said...

Ah! I would have been so scared! I am glad you're ok!

Brooke said...

Oh Mallory! Only you would get attacked by a dog! Ha. I'm glad that you're ok. I miss you!!