Tuesday, September 16, 2008

These days...

Chris and I were talking just the other day, and we can't believe it has already been 3 years that we have been out of college. So much of our lives has changed! The verse Jeremiah 29:11 has never meant more to me than it does now! Daily, I miss Jacksonville and my friends and family SO much! But, I know this is where the Lord has me. I dont understand it sometimes. But Jeremiah 29:11 reminds me that He knows what he is doing! He knows my future. He gives me hope when I am down. His thoughts and ways are higher than mine, this truth allows me to trust Him. I desire that my life be used by God so much! But this past year was one of the hardest I have ever experienced! I LOVE married life. Chris and I have so much fun together and I could not ask for a better husband! But as far as my heart and my emotions, its been a roller coaster ride!

As for my first year teaching and coaching, I hav never been so physically and emotionally exhausted! My softball team only won 2 games last year, but thats more than they have won in 3 years. It was a building year. I also coached middle school basketball...talk about a challenge! Lukily I had some stud athletes on my team because I didn't know much about coaching basketball. I remembered things from when I played but NEVER dreamed I would have to coach it! We won 5 out of 6 games! This year....athletes are going to be hard to come by. I'll keep you updated on that as our season starts REALLY soon! Teaching, was probably the hardest for me. I love kids....high school students...not so much. I know God has me in the high school for a reason and I prayed for a high school job because I thought that this is where I could be used the most. I believe God is using me, but I didn't think it would be this hard. You see, I look like I am one of them, and they tend to take advantage of that. I try to be tough, but it is so hard! I have been able to share my faith several times. In school, with softball and with basketball. I feel like this is why I am here. By law, I could lose my job for doing that. I am lucky to be in such a good school system where the kids don't care. The administration may not like it, but I really don't care. I listened to Rick Burgess speak at his son's funeral last year and it really stirred my heart. Nothing in this world matters, only Christ! We try to tippy toe around and be these "good little christians" but never open our mouths! What a waste! Rick encouraged me to be strong and step it up!

Well, I know thats a lot to read, so I'll stop now. There are other things on my heart...but thats for a later day! I love and miss all of you!

No comments: