Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So...I'm not so good at this blogging thing! I never find the time to do it...however, I do LOVE reading the blogs of all my sweet friends!

Probably the biggest thing that has happened since my last post, is running the 1/2 marathon. I have never been a runner...and for all who know us, Chris is a very big runner! I decided to take on the challenge not knowing what all it would include. I trained for 12 weeks...and hated most of the training. Towards the end I actually started to like running. Then it was time for the big day! I was SO nervous. I wasnt trying to pull out an amazing time or anything...I just hoped to finish! and I DID!! I absolutely had a BLAST running! All of the people running beside you, the beautiful city, and all the bands along the way were so motivating and so much fun! I never thought I could run that far! Now...I think I'm addicted! I finished in 2:47 which was a lot better than I expected to do! And I am also SO proud of my sweet husband! He ran the full marathon in 3:44!


I dont have any of the pictures yet, but here's one I found off of the internet...31,000 people!


Catch the fever...go for a run!!

2 comments:

KBroome said...

congrats mallory! How exciting!

Catherine said...

Woohoo!!!! You ROCK girl! Once I finally get back to "healthy" I want to train with you for the next one! Love ya! :)